THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Sunday, December 5, 2010

T-shirt #339: Coke Zero


My love affair with Coke started really early in life. I was six and went to my first Red Sox game with my father and older brother. Before the game, one of the Fenway employees asked me if I wanted to be the “Coca-Cola Kid” for the day. Because it was my first game, I had no clue what he was talking about and quickly asked my dad for assistance. My father told the guy I would definitely be the “Coca-Cola Kid” for that game, and he told us where to go and when.

So in the middle of the game I went with my dad (we left my 10-year-old brother by himself, which was okay to do back then!) up to the announcer’s booth. They gave me a Coke bottle radio, the “Have a Coke and a smile.” t-shirt pictured, and my picture was put up on the scoreboard. The best part was when they let me flip the switches the Balls, Strikes, and Outs lights on the Green Monster for an inning! I really had no choice after that: I would be a Sox and Coke fan for the rest of my life…

I happily took and picked Coke whenever I was somewhere that the Pepsi Challenge was taking place. I always preferred McDonald’s to Burger King (back before BK changed) in part because they carried Coke products. And when I was a practicing Catholic, I often gave up Coke for Lent (which did lead to a lot of Mountain Dew consumption!). I even started a little Coke bottle collection, which you can see in the video below. I also have (not featured in the video) Coke bed sheets!

After my first kidney stone in 2002, I decided to cut regular soda out of my diet. Even though it took me a while, I did get used to the taste of diet soda. When Coke Zero was introduced in 2005, I was very, very, very happy! So, it was very easy for me to make the following video blog/commercial for Coke Zero. It is part of my application to www.iwearyoushirt.com. If you haven’t seen my application video, you can go here to watch, comment, and share it: http://iwearyourshirt.com/hiring/application/7889/dave-mcgrath

Here is my Coke Zero Christmas Story, I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment