THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Saturday, July 31, 2010

T-shirt #212: Red Sox (Carlton Fisk)



30 years ago, my dad took me to my first Red Sox game. As you can see from the picture, I made it clear which team I was rooting for. Before the game, a park employee asked me if I wanted to be the “Coca-Cola Kid”. I had no freakin’ blue what he was talking about but after he talked to my dad, we agreed to do it. In the middle of the game, my dad and I went up to the press box. They gave me a Coke shirt (pictured), Coke bottle radio, and put my picture up on the scoreboard. The best part of it all was for an inning, I got to flip the switches to the balls, strikes, and outs lights on the Green Monster. Like I’ve written and told many, 1980 was a big year: US Gold in hockey, Empire Strikes Back, AC-DC’s Back in Black, The Shining, and my first Sox game. 1980 also marked the last year Carlton Fisk wore a Sox uniform. If you don’t know who he is, this is what he is best known for: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=3224115

Looking forward to another game at Fenway with my dad…go Sox!

No comments:

Post a Comment