THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Monday, April 5, 2010

T-shirt #95: HOCKEY FIGHTS CANCER

I got this shirt while visiting the nhl store in my “favorite” city. I hate cancer and I love hockey, so this shirt seemed to fit me very well. One of the things I do when working at Hope Lodge (which thanks to the guests usually involves watching a lot of sports) is to point out any athletes that are cancer survivors. I was watching the Bruins-maple leafs game with one guest this year and it was the one when phil kessel (cancer survivor who I was sad to see go) returned to Boston. Every time kessel touched the puck, he was relentlessly attacked by the Boston “Boo Birds”. I turned to the guess and said, “Can you Believe it? The fans are booing a cancer survivor!” I quickly explained to him why, and his look of shock went away. Cancer does suck…and I’m glad hockey is fighting it.

For more info on Hockey Fights Cancer:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=25343

To buy Hockey Fights Cancer Items:

http://shop.nhl.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3805094

Oh yeah, Go B’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment