THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

T-shirt #118: Simpsons (Ralph eating paste)

This shirt was a favorite of my special education students. Even though he is a secondary Simpsons character, Ralph Wiggum has said some of my favorite lines from the show. My all-time favorite has to be his “Me fail English? That’s unpossible.” See here:

Speaking of the Simpsons, I have been in Portland, Oregon this week. Matt Groening grew up here, and there are references all over the place:

The Simpsons live on Evergreen Terrace, the same street on which Groening grew up (I will be going here with my friend Glen sometime this week!)

Sideshow Bob Terwilliger shares a name with Terwilliger Boulevard in SW Portland (Groening denies this)

The former Trojan Nuclear Plant, north of Portland, supposedly inspired Homer's job

Ned Flanders was named after Flanders Street, Mayor Quimby was named after Quimby street

Bart & Lisa's elementary school resembles Groening's childhood school, Ainsworth elementary

Reverend Lovejoy was named after Lovejoy Street

So, I am surrounded by The Simpsons and tonight I will be rooting for The Canadiens…wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment